WESTERVELT THOMAS BARN
The Westervelt-Thomas Barn. originally stood on Ridgewood Road in Washington Township, but was moved to its present site, northwest of the Demarest House, in 1954-55. Built around 1889, it is sheathed with Novelty siding. Raised above the flood level and set on a new cement-block foundation in 1984, it houses an assortment of carriages, sleighs, harnesses, agricultural implements, broom machines, a variety of hand tools, and such miscellaneous items as the bells from the old Court House and Washington Academy. Several old date-stones are located in the building and some architectural remnants (mantles, doors, et cetera) are stored in the lofts.